"I'm going to wait until the day I die to watch that movie."
Welcome to Shenantics with Skanky and mcul where they discuss life on the Internet. New episodes are released on Monday morning. On today's episode:
- Updates on mcul's dating profile.
- Stand-up comedy and improv.
- Young Skanky and mcul: the studious and the clown.
- Fake PAX stories. (this episode was recorded before PAX East)
- mcul likes a very specific genre of shows.
- Streaming non-game content on Twitch.
- Streaming with other people.
- For established streamers and those just starting out.
- The important skill of talking to yourself.
- Updates on the Truman Show.
- Skanky's viewer numbers on Twitch.
- mcul forces a question that Shenantics has been avoiding.
- Dealing with people in the community who don't break the rules but act inappropriately.
- Have rules, but not too many.
- Define your community.
- Take charge, because someone needs to.
- Vague but applicable rules help. Skanky uses "don't make people feel uncomfortable."
- Execute on, and enforce, the rules.
- Have mods message the person.
- Have consequences and they need to escalate as time goes on (increasing timeouts and ultimately ban them).
- How the guys pick moderators.
- Streamers as moderators.
- Badges in Twitch chat.
- The food finish: salad!
- Skanky attempts to do the ending.
Remember to rate and review Shenantics! Also follow us on Twitter at @shenanticspod. If you have any feedback, followup, or questions you can email us at email@example.com.
You can check out their Twitch streams throughout the week at:
And follow them on Twitter at:
Intro song credit: https://soundcloud.com/kubbi/up-in-my-jam-all-of-a-sudden